Friday, July 10, 2009

Welcome to Bru's Bits

During my senior year in high school, I wrote a weekly column for the school's newspaper called "Bru's Bits." Each column typically consisted of 5 or 6 pithy entries that covered school issues, politics, current events, and other random topics that interested me and likely no one else. In all honesty, Bru's Bits was filler so that my buddy, who served as the paper's front page editor, did not have to come up with a third "news" story every week. But it gave me a platform to express my thoughts and opinions on the news of the day at a time when such platforms were few and far between, an experience for which I have always been grateful.


Today, blogger.com, Facebook, and Twitter provide everyone with a platform to express their views and thoughts. Unfortunately, all existing blogs and Twitter feeds suffer from one critical flaw: they do not always cover topics that interest me (and likely no one else). To correct this flaw, I have decided to reincarnate my old column Bru's Bits, updated for today's electronic age.

We'll see how long this blog lasts. It's not my day job, and I could well get bored. In the meantime, sit back and enjoy. Or don't. Whatever, so long as the posts interest me.

No comments:

Post a Comment